If you’re like most of our customers you print your bulletin weekly and use this bulletin to…
- communicate current, fresh content on happenings in your parish.
- provide an updated calendar of current events.
- publish accurate contact information for your staff and key volunteers.
- print a personal, timely message from your priest.
- display a few pictures of not just your church, but recent parish events.
Unfortunately, if you’re like over half of our customers, you don’t do the same on your website. Almost all of our customers have their own website, but well over half of those customers don’t publish content on their website at nearly the same frequency, depth or passion than they do their bulletin. If you’re like the majority of our customers, your website contains outdated information, broken links that go nowhere, and at least a few pages that say ‘Under Construction’ and probably said that same thing 6 months ago.
The bulletin has been a staple of church communication for decades, but as the world seems to be moving online will it always be this way? Remember, the next generation of parishioners is growing up in online very connected world.
Here are a few simple things you can do now to help improve your online presence:
1. As the Bulletin Editor, you are aware of all the changes and upcoming events in your Parish. For every change you make in your bulletin or new article that is written, don’t forget about your website. You could serve as the focal point for communicating changes or new stories to whoever maintains your website.
2. If you don’t have a website yet, feel free to use ours. We offer a free directory service, www.seekandfind.com that can be used as a website. If you haven’t check this out yet, please go look for your parish, its there! If you need more, let us know. We have services that can assist.
3. Many of you have started to publish your bulletin online which is a great first step. In case you haven’t yet, you can find an electronic copy of your bulletin on our website, www.seekandfind.com. If you don’t want to manually upload your new bulletin to your website every week, you can have your bulletin appear on your website automatically through LPi’s Bulletin Widget. Call or email our Technical Support team for details.
Like the bulletin, the Internet is a communication vehicle. The technologies used to create a website or manage an email campaign may seem complicated maybe even a little scary, but in the end they are just tools. These tools can help you communicate your mission. Here at LPi, we’ll be rolling out some new technologies in 2010 to help improve your presence on the Internet and communicate more with your parishioners online if you wish to. We’ll be introducing a few of these in some upcoming blog posts over the next few months.